Monday, August 29, 2011

Blogger Spotlight: Desert Island Books

Welcome to our blogger spotlight week!!!  We have some new bloggers that have joined us recently and are wanting all of you to get to know them better!  Plus, we've been asked several times for recommendations on what people should be reading!  Therefore, new bloggers + recommendation requests = Blogger Spotlight: Desert Island! (dun, dun, dun)

So, since I'm a veteran on the YA-Sisterhood, I'll kick this week off!  My name is Amy.  I'm the oldest sister that actually sadly looks like the youngest!  I get weird looks all the time when I'm out shopping because I look like a 16 year old that has 3 kids!  Everyone wants to look 25, but you never hear anyone say, I wish I looked like I was 16!  I tend to get obsessed with things easily which does runs in our family hence the YA book blog!  Blogging gives me a great outlet for my obsession, and lets my husband have a break from hearing how amazing all these fictional boys are!


I'm sure all of you know how to play Desert Island Books.  Basically, what are the 5 YA books or series you would bring with you were to live out the rest of your life on a desert island!  Here are my obsessive favorites!  Warning!!!  All of these books may cause crazy obsessions, drooling, swooning, and/or rapid heart rate!
The Harry Potter Series by JK Rowling

The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare
The Hunger Games Series by Suzanne Collins
Divergent by Veronica Roth
North of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley


Very close Honorable Mentions:




Hourglass by Myra McEntire

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire


However, because there are some amazing books that I love dearly that are not YA, I must represent them here with another list!  Here are my 5 Adult Desert Island Books.

Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon
especially books 1-4
Into the Wilderness Series by Sara Donati
especially books 1, 2 and 6


***Be sure to go check out more "Desert Island Books" today over at our good friend Rachel's Blog, Fiktshun!***





***Please leave a comment telling us about your Desert Island books or do a post of your own and leave a link!***