Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB of Should be Reading. Anyone can play along. Here's what you do:
Pick up your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) teaser sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teaser!

Nightshade by Andrea Cremer
Publish Date: October 19, 2010

"I could feel every contour of his chest, the press of his thighs against my hips. I lifted my chin and his lips were on mine. The light touch speared my body and exploded deep within me. I shuddered and took his lower lip between my teeth, biting gently. He groaned, digging his fingers into my back. His lips parted mine, exploring, lingering." (page 170)

"When he whispered, his warm breath brushed over my lips. 'Just let me kiss you, Calla. You don't know how long I've wanted to. No one has to know.' My lips parted as I drew a sudden, startled breath and in that instant his mouth was on mine, soft as velvet. I closed my eyes against the rush of a hundred wings that suddenly beat in my chest and soared through my body. His scent was all around me. Leather, sandalwood, bonfires in autumn. He pulled back, but only for the sake of moving his lips to trail over my neck. My blood was on fire and I was shaking. Is this really happening? I couldn't stop thinking about Shay in the clearing. About asking him to kiss me. The electric touch of his lips on mine." (page 197)

Oh man! I really think I might faint! Ladies, I didn't even put the best scene in there because I didn't want to spoil it!!! Be looking for my full review of Nightshade by Andrea Cremer this coming Thursday. Remember, if you have a TT please leave it with your blog URL in the comments sections. We'ld love to know what you are reading.