Friday, September 2, 2011

Blogger Spotlight: Desert Island Books

Welcome to our blogger spotlight week!!! We have some new bloggers that have joined us recently and are wanting all of you to get to know them better! Plus, we've been asked several times for recommendations on what people should be reading! Therefore, new bloggers + recommendation requests = Blogger Spotlight: Desert Island! (dun, dun, dun)
If you want to join in on the fun-- blog your top 5 YA books (and feel free to add 5 adult if you want). Then comment with your link or just list your DIB in the comments!



Hello fellow readers!!! My name is Sarah...I'm also one of the newbies here at YA Sisterhood...something of which I am so excited and proud to be a part!!!  If you're wondering how I became a part of this crew, well, AmyG's husband is my husband's brother.  And seeing as how AmyG and I are like...the coolest in the family, I'd say we're pretty tight.  I live in good ol' Oklahoma (though I am a proud Texan by birth) with my incredible husband (incredible because he's a legitimate rockstar AND he likes YA books too) and my 5 1/2 month old baby boy, Jaxon Bailey.  These two boys keep me on my toes...I'm pretty sure there will never be another boring day the rest of my life.  I get to stay at home and take care of my little one, which is an awesome privilege that I LOVE.  Before having my son, I was a Starbucks barista and I did musicals all over the Dallas metroplex.  I've been an avid reader all my life.  In fact, when I started to learn to drive, my sisters made fun of me because I didn't know where anything was...I'd spent all my time in the car reading book after book.  I got hooked on YA literature in college when I started reading Harry Potter.  This love became more of an obsession when one of the coolest English professors ever decided to offer a Harry Potter class.  As I'm sure many of you know, putting more than one Harry Potter obsessive fan together can create a lot of fun and craziness!  Since then, my sis-in-law has been handing me one book after another for me to devour, which I do pretty much every time (she has really awesome taste)!

Now for my Desert Island Books (This was super hard for me...I'm one of those people that has the hardest time picking favorites!!!):

1. Harry Potter. Duh.


2.  The Hunger Games.  (Seriously a fav!!!)


3.  The Mortal Instruments. (Crazy fantastic characters!)


4.  Starcrossed. (This is pretty much the first time I went kinda crazy stalker on an author.  LOVE this book!!!!)


5. Divergent.  (Because something's gotta make you feel dauntless if you're trapped on an island, right?!)


Other books I love:
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte (Pretty much my favorite book of all time!)
The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis (This is really the beginning of YA fantasy, right?!)
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin (The love story of all love stories!)
Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers (What a romance!)
The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger (Most perfect book ever!)

If you want more Desert Island books, go check out our BBFF (Blogger Best Friend Forever), Jena's post on her blog!