Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Teaser Tuesday: Emblaze by Jessica Shirvington

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading!
To participate all you have to do is:

•Grab your current read
•Open to a random page
•Share "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
•BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!
(make sure what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Emblaze by Jessica Shirvington
Published by Sourcebooks Fire
Release Date:  TODAY!


"I wasn't me; it wasn't some stupid crush.  I wasn't even love.  It was more--much, much more.  It transcended anything he and I could ever be individually and was all about what we were together.  My soul was screaming for him, demanding that it have his." 
eARC, Location 2116-2117

(Phoenix to Violet) "'Love will kill us all,' he said sadly 'First, it makes us lie furiously so we can be what we must in order to appear deserving.  Then, it tears us apart with raw truth.  Whether we are man, exile, or angel--it doesn't matter.  For us all, the nature of truth is unforgiving.'" eARC, Location 3455-3457

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
This book is amazing.  I was drawn into the pain and drama of Violet and Lincoln's relationship, and let me say, love is pain.  It might be beautiful and unrelenting and passionate and perfect, but above all those things, love is pain.  Emblaze was the best yet in this series, and Jessica has a forever fan in me.  Plus, we get quite a bit of Phoenix in this one, and I still can't help it; the guy could hold a gun to my head and I'd still want him to kiss me.  He's undeniably sexy--evil and all.  Emblaze....it was just awesome, and if the CW doesn't give this series the green light for next season, then I'm going to throw the hissy fit of all hissy fits.