Thursday, June 20, 2013

Match 9: Noah H. (2) vs. Ash (7) Goes to Ash


Welcome to The YA Sisterhood's 3rd Annual YA Crush Tourney!  We hope that through this all you will meet a lot of book loving people, discover new books, and of course be introduced to many more dreamy crushes!  

Be aware that we have tried to keep all the posts pretty general, but there might still be some spoilers.  If the spoiler is big, it will be marked.  However, still proceed with caution!

Matches will run for 24 hours, 12am to 12am EST every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.  For more information please check out our Tournament Page.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The winner of Match #9 is Ash.

*Hushed tone* 

Hello, everybody. My name is Gabbi from BookBreather. I'm currently reporting from the halls of Eastwick High School, here to give you an exclusive look at Noah Hutchins from Katie McGarry's Pushing the Limits.

I've spoke to some of his friends, a few of which were hesitant to reveal anything important about Noah. Eventually, I was able to squeeze out a few answers.

“Noah felt strong and warm and muscular and safe and he smelled, oh, God, delicious. I couldn't stop kissing him if my life depend it upon it: his lips, his neck, his chest, and Noah seemed as hungry as me.” 

Me: What is it that attracts you most about Noah? Is it the dark brown eyes, shaggy hair, muscles, or mysterious demeanor? 

Echo: Noah is so much more than tall, dark, and handsome. 

“My heart hurt to see her in pain and, for one second, i shut down all emotion. One day, she'd figure out she was too good for a loser like me and when she left, i didn't know how i'd deal with the pain. Hell, she was worth it. I enfolded her into my body once more, kissing the side of her neck.” 

Me: There has been buzz that, ever since Noah began dating Echo, he has changed. How so? 

Beth: Echo has got Noah wrapped around her finger, but I think it's mutual. He used to be the first one to whip out the joint or crack open a beer, but when Echo's around, he's always making sure she's okay and having fun. She doesn't drink much or smoke, so he stopped doing it around her. Now, probably out of habit, he usually turns down the illegal substances, even when she isn't around.

Me: What can you tell me about Noah's brothers? Are they part of this changing process? 

Beth: I can't tell you much. Noah's brothers have always been the most important things in the world to him. He's had to make a lot of difficult decisions when it comes to them, but he learned to see what is really best for them, even if it's not best for him. 

I kissed her forehead and she snuggled closer to me. The world felt strange. For the first time in my life, I wasn’t fighting someone or something. My brothers were safe. Echo knew the truth. Soon, I’d be free from high school and foster care. Hopefully, I’d be admitted on late acceptance to college. Contentment and happiness were unfamiliar emotions, but ones I could learn to live with.

Me: My sources indicate that Noah used to be quite popular before being put into the foster system. Do you think this has affected your friendship any?

Isaiah: It doesn't matter who Noah used to be. Everyone has gone through tough times. Noah is fiercely loyal to me, Beth, Echo, and his brothers. Despite everything that happens to him, he hangs on to the things he thinks are important. Doesn't dwell on what used to be. So no. I don't think who he was before we met affects anything. 

“Wow, Mrs. Collins is a freaking miracle worker. Dangerous Noah Hutchins on the straight and narrow. If you don’t watch out she’ll ruin your rep with the girls."
I lowered my voice. "Not that it matters. I only care what one girl thinks about me.” 


Me: Many people, especially adults, began to view Noah as a hopeless case. What did you see in Noah that gave you such faith that he could change?

Mrs. Collins: Noah has this fire in him that is evident in everything he does. From the very first conversation I had with him I could see that fire. He doesn't want to be a bad person, he doesn't act a certain way to be spiteful. He's merely trying to take a bad situation and make it something he can deal with. But he is a teenager and there is only so much he could do on his own. After speaking with him that first time, I realized that I could help him. He was used to people rallying against him, though, so I had to prove I was on his side. 


That was about all they were willing to share, but it's all I need. Noah is loyal and sexy. He is trying to change and become better--for his brothers, for Echo, and for himself. He may have the bad boy thing going on, but there's much more to him than meets the eyes.

You've heard it straight from those who know him best. If you adore these qualities as much as they--and I--do, you most definitely need to vote for Noah Hutchins. Use #TeamHutchins to spread the word and the love. After everything he's been through, Noah could use a good victory!

***********************************************

Ben Barnes as Ash.....Feel free to pet this piece of perfection through your computer screens ....*pets*
Hello fellow bookworms! My name is Caitlin and I'm from The Y.A. Bookworm Blogger! Today I'll be using my extreme fictional male loving skills to advocate Ash to victory! Ash is from the fabulous Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa and if you haven't read it yet, then I'm sure the following information about the yummy Ash will convince you to read these books ASAP! It's from the first YA Crush Tourney that I discovered this series, so to me, advocating Ash is like coming full circle ! Warning! Extreme faint worthy quotes ahead! Ice cold water from the Winter Realm recommended ;P
Looks
     Tall, muscular, silver eyes, long dark hair, pale skinned and swoonderfully good looking....*sighs* do I have to go on? Ash may be an Ice Prince but that doesn't mean he lacks in heating things up!

Ash mused as I whirled around. His eyes, cold and inhuman, glimmered with amusement.  Up close, he was even more beautiful, with high cheekbones and dark tousled hair falling into his eyes.

Personality 
     Ash may be cold when we first meet him, but there's no doubt that underneath that sexy icey exterior is a tortured soul and guy who feels everything so deeply. Growing up in the Unseelie Court taught him to close his emotions off, that is, until a certain someone comes into his life and begins to open him up again. It's from this vulnerability that we really get to see that Ash is a genuinely good person inside and out (which makes him even hotter, may I add).       Threaten Ash or the people he loves and he won't hesitate to slice you to pieces, but capture his heart and he'll be there for you like no other! Ash's intense devotion and love for Meghan ruins future boyfriends for bookworms everywhere! Oh and how can I forget to mention how he will melt your heart with the simplest of lines.....
"You're here," I murmured, reaching out to touch him, hardly believing this was real. "You came back."  Ash's breath hitched and he put his hands over mine."I came home."
^^^ Like c'mon?! That's perfection right there!
~~~~~
I licked my lips and whispered, "Is this where you say you'll kill me?"
One corner of his lips curled. "If you like," he murmured, a flicker of amusement finally crossing his face. "Though it's gotten far too interesting for that.”
Talents
      Ash may be stunning and make you swoon into a puddle of goo, but he also has some wicked skills that make him both unique and add to his crush-worthiness. He's an expert swordsman that can take on any competitor without breaking a sweat and has the power of Winter glamour at his fingertips. You never quite know when Ash just might send an ice shard at your face...just ask Puck ;)
“Touch her, and I'll freeze your testicles off and put them in a jar. Understand?”
~~~~~~
"But...but what if I hit you?"  A snort. "You're not going to hit me."
"How do you know?" I bristled at his amused tone. "I could hit you. Even master swordsmen make mistakes. I could get a lucky shot, or you might not see me coming. I don't want to hurt you."
He favored me with another patient look. "And how much experience do you have with swords and weapons in general?"
"Um." I glanced down at the saber in my hand. "Thirty seconds?"
He smiled, that calm, irritatingly confident smirk. "You're not going to hit me."
~~~~~
     There's no doubt that Ash's looks, personality and talents (combined with his complete and strong love for Meghan) are what make this Ice Prince the obvious winner for this tournament! Feared warrior, passionate lover and heart melter are just a few of the diverse descriptions that can be given to Ash. He may be a complicated character, but you won't be able to get him out of your head after devouring each and every Iron Fey novel. 

"If I have to chase your soul to the ends of eternity, I won't stop until I find you, I promise"
(Quote submitted by: @thekhalkhalz)
...It's crazy how true this actually is....

VOTE TEAM ASH! 
*******************************************
POLLS ARE NOW CLOSED.